The Alexandria VA Health Care System is seeking to hire a Registered Nurse - Assistant Nurse Manager to join our team in the Community Living Center to provide direct care for complex veterans and perform nursing procedures within scope of practice and according to policies and standard procedures to care for the veteran.Learn more about this agency
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) oversees and assists with providing care to residents, both long term and short stay, within the Community Living Center (CLC) setting. The ANM is accountable to the Nurse Manager and functions in their stead during his/her absence. The ANM supports and guides nursing practice on the unit and provides feedback to the Nurse Manager for performance appraisals. The position has the responsibility to make decisions consistent with the policies, mission, and philosophy of the healthcare system and Patient Care Services.
- Participates in data collection, analysis, evaluation, and reporting related to risk management, performance improvement initiatives, and program evaluation activities
- Serves as a resource for clinical, administrative, and staffing issues as well as supports and participates in fiscal management issues as assigned
- Maintains a safe environment for residents
- Utilizes interpersonal skills to promote a positive image of Patient Care Services and CLC
- Maintains all resident and employee health/personal information in strict confidentiality according to the current HIPPA standards. Effectively collaborates and communicates with all levels of management and line staff to support program activities and resident care
- Participates by leading groups/activities following CLC principals of Cultural Transformation
- Works closely with the Nurse Manager (NM) to develop skills that demonstrate leadership and creative approaches to managing complex resident care
- Coordinates work flow with the NM to ensure patient's flow through the CLC healthcare continuum
- Provides the clinical/administrative leadership for the coordination of unit programs, including knowledge of Veterans Health Administration, LTCI/CMS regulations, process improvement and compliance guidelines
- Establishes assignments for staff that coordinates patient care for patients
- Supports the NM in facilitating team approaches to identify, analyze, and resolve systems issues within the CLC
- Works with the NM in recognizing and rewarding staff members for quality performance or team work using the award program
- Collaborates with the NM in initiating appropriate corrective action for performance/behavior problems
- Demonstrates knowledge and leadership of current evidence based practice and policies for nursing, VA and CLC
Work Schedule: Full-Time; Monday - Friday, and other when necessary to provide staffing coverage; 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, and may require alternate hours to provide staffing coverage.
Functional Statement Title: Registered Nurse: Assistant Nurse Manager
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Telework: This is not a telework position.
Bargainin Unit Status: This is a bargaining unit position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540594700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.