The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See “Other Information” for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A TAX EXEMPT BOND REVENUE AGENT DO? As a Tax Exempt Bond Revenue Agent you will plan, coordinate and independently conduct examinations of tax exempt bond issuances (Form 8038 series for compliance with the Internal Revenue Code requirements. Examinations contain unique, complex or special audit features such as governmental or financial accounting, tax law, investigative or compliance problems where there is little or no previous guidance.
WHAT IS THE TAX EXEMTP AND GOVERNMENT ENTITIES (TEGE) DIVISION? Tax Exempt & Government Entities Division serves Employee Plans which examines the returns of qualified pension benefit plans compliance. Exempt Organizations ensures not-for-profit organizations meet tax-exempt status requirements. And, Government Entities ensures organizations meet their tax withholding and employment tax payment requirements.
As a Tax Exempt Bond Agent (TEB) you will:
- Identify and correct noncompliance found during tax exempt bond examinations.
- Determine whether interest paid to municipal bondholders is properly excludible from gross income.
- Examine governmental entities and other borrowers who utilize bond proceeds.
- Determine the proper use of bond proceeds as well as implementation of financial concepts regarding their investment.
- Participate in arbitrage related enforcement initiatives.
- Calculate and verify rebate overpayment claims.
- Identify problems, best practices and emerging tax compliance issues.
- Develop balanced measures and methodology for monitoring the performance of the Tax Exempt Bond Program.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
25% or less - 6 to 10 nights travel per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540552700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.