The Supervisory Information Technology Specialist exercise full supervisory, technical, and administrative responsibilities for planning and developing, implementing, executing and evaluating the information Technology (IT) program.Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Information Technology Specialist serves within the Office of information and Technology (OI&T) under the supervision of the Area Manager and is responsible for exercising full supervisory, technical, and administrative responsibilities for planning, developing, implementing, executing, and evaluating the Information Technology (IT) Program. Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations to ensure specific needs of the customers are met in a timely manner and in compliance with service level agreements. The Supervisory IT Specialist serves as the senior technical specialist for all customer service problems and as the Service Desk focal point for the installation of hardware and software and incident resolution. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performing configuration management assignments to formally document and control the functional and physical characteristics of a system, or product during its life cycle.
- Identifying and tracking modifications required to enhance and maintain the installed hardware and software configuration of assigned systems.
- Providing guidance to project managers and other IT representatives on how to integrate services.
- Supervising a staff of employees to accomplish the work of the organizational unit.
- Providing a full range of IT hardware and software support to Community Based Outreach Clinics (CBOC's) and Medical Outreach Clinics.
- Establishing guidelines and performance expectations for staff.
- Providing managerial oversight for the acquisition, installation, support and implementation of Wide Area Network systems and applications.
- Analyzing and coordinating all major facility hardware acquisitions and ensures compliance with VISN and national procurement directives and procedures.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a Virtual Position-Position is located at a VA Facility
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist (CUSTSPT)/15299-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Available
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540546400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.