This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Navajo Region in Crownpoint, New Mexico. The incumbent administers the Eastern Navajo Agency Division of Transportation (ENA BOT), Transportation Facilities Construction and Maintenance Programs. The work is comprised of scheduling, budgeting, monitoring, and evaluation of transportation projects.Learn more about this agency
- Administers the transportation facilities construction and maintenance programs including scheduling, budgeting, monitoring, and evaluating transportation projects.
- Provides technical assistance as described in the Indian Reservation Roads (IRR) Program Regulations, to the Navajo Nation, and with other Governmental entities to meet the transportation challenges of the Agency.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other Governmental entities to meet the transportation challenges of the Agency.
- Oversees pavement repairs, pavement crack sealing, pavement patching, road signs replacement, pavement striping, bridge deck repairs, bridge channel reshaping, bridge abutment and piling scouring repairs, culvert repairs, gravel and earth grading.
- Provides expertise in making value-engineering decisions, recommend design, alternative field changes to fit terrain and other natural features.
- Prepares performance standards, evaluations, initiates actions or reviews proposed actions of subordinates, resolves complaints, evaluates leave requests, approves leave, identifies training needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540520900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.