The technologist will be responsible for clinical and educational duties in Computed (Multi-detector) Tomography (CT). All employees must be certified in general radiologic technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)(R). The technologist manages specialized computer work station networks, Picture, Archive and Communication System (PACS).Learn more about this agency
These assignments require specialized training and experience. Employees must have advanced knowledge of complex equipment and specific attention to detail. The Technologist must work independently and be able to apply aspects of quality management.
- The Technologist should possess knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and must have a certificate in 'Vena-puncture.
- The incumbent is able to work independently in performing CT exams and is responsible for all aspects of the procedure.
- Serves as an expert and provides consultative assistance to Radiologists.
- Implements effective processes to ensure highest service and patient safety.
- Improve efficiency of processes.
- Comply with facility regulations.
- Identifies, defines and resolves issues associated with aspects of the modality.
- Applies concepts of quality care that are consistent with current facility standards.
- Evaluates the patient for Computed Axial Tomography (CT) scans and explains the examination procedure.
- Understands the function of the 'dynamic blood flow' exams.
- Grasps the concept of the power injector and is capable of adjustments to obtain the best results for the procedure.
- Ability to communicate with staff and Radiologists as well as nurses on the floor and the patient's healthcare provide
- Ability to apply new scientific/ technical developments.
Tour of duty may be modified to rotate coverage on weekends, holidays and on-call rotation.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540420700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.