The incumbent serves as a Branch Chief within the Division of Analysis, Research, and Practice Integration (DARPI), in the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Incumbent responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing statistical, economic, and data systems and science activities for the Division and the Center.Learn more about this agency
As an Supervisory Mathematical Statistician you will:
- Utilize subordinate team leaders to direct, coordinate, or oversee work.
- Promote and develop new training-related initiatives.
- Make decisions on non-routine, costly, or controversial training needs and training requests related to employees of the unit.
- Find and implement ways to eliminate or reduce significant bottlenecks and barriers to production, promote team building, or improve business practices.
- Execute the administrative and personnel management responsibilities related to the accomplishment of the mission assigned.
- Provide expert guidance to Branch staff for statistical consultation, data management practices, data standards, systems development and maintenance (including web-based and mobile device-related injury data query systems), and information dissemination.
- All other duties assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel Demeatic 5% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540241200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.