This National Guard position is for a MATERIALS HANDLER (SSC), Position Description Number D1909000 and is part of the OH USPFO Warehouse, Ohio Army National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the USPFO. The purpose of this position is to serve as a Small Shop Chief (SSC) with the responsibility for the overall operations of a small shop. The position oversees and directs works of one or more Materials Handlers, who are assigned to the shop.
As a MATERIALS HANDLER (SSC), WG-6907-7, you will perform the following duties:
1) Plans and lays out work to be accomplished in the shop which is then completed by the individual and lower graded worker(s).
2) Possesses the knowledge and skills found at the journeyman level as well as those required for planning, accomplishing and maintaining a functional shop maintenance program.
3) Independently determines appropriate maintenance procedures such as how and when the work should be accomplished. Estimates manpower, equipment and material requirements.
4) Devises and maintains all program plans and records, is skilled in surveillance and troubleshooting techniques, and is able to determine maintenance/repair procedures needed without benefit of technical supervisory guidance.
5) Plans, organizes and directs shop maintenance programs/procedures under general supervision.
6) Determines approaches, methods and courses of action required to accomplish the mission of the shop in an effective and efficient manner.
7) May provide recommendations and input to the supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position description changes, disciplinary actions, leave, etc.
8) Performs the same type and level of work as performed within the unit.
9) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540202300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.