THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-2183-12 NAVIGATOR (INSTRUCTOR) (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D2311000 in FAC 31B100 and is part of the MO Det 1 139th Airlift Wing AATTC.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is an Indefinite Excepted Service position. This is a non-bargaining unit position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
- Navigates advanced, single or multi-engine military aircraft, high performance military fighter aircraft on tactical/non-tactical assigned missions using advanced precision instrument flight techniques in conjunction with air navigational aids.
- Directs pilots to fly within flight parameters (e.g. speed and loading) to execute normal flight procedures and standard maneuvers in all-weather condition from point to point (domestic/foreign) using fully adequate landing areas.
- Maintains mission qualifications in the unit equipped (UE) aircraft.
- Prepares for flight by securing current and forecast weather information to determine conditions along the proposed route of flight and at the destination.
- Plans the flight through the study of charts to determine routing, intermediate stops, alternate destination, fuel requirements, and estimated flying time.
- Checks and verifies that the airplane was ready for flight, including aspects as defensive equipment and expendables loading, maintenance or service conditions.
- Directs operations of the aircraft with the utmost safety to include: adhering to flight procedures and parameters in the airplane flight manual, communicating and coordinating with ground units and controlling activities.
- Prepares individual developmental records, along with a training syllabus with projected units of training required and ensured all required upgrade training items were completed.
- Schedules and participates in flight instruction with student to observe in-flight performance, demonstrate proper procedures and techniques, and evaluate progress.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540189000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.