THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a GS-0560-12 BUDGET OFFICER (TITLE 5), Position Description Number T5152000 in SPMD 11C100 and is part of the MO 139th Airlift Wing.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is a Title 5 Temporary vacancy NTE One Year in the Excepted Service. This is a non-bargaining unit position. SEE NOTES IN CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
- Serves as a technical expert regarding all phases of budget functions including the interpretation, application and implementation of budgetary principles, procedures and guidelines.
- Provides executive direction and review of budgetary operations.
- Serves as principal staff advisor to the senior leadership and top management personnel regarding maintaining a balance in the efficiency and economy of operations in accomplishing programmed objectives.
- Directs the review and oversight of budget formulation, justification and execution, requiring the frequent contact with top management personnel.
- Develops, prepares and presents analyses and summaries of budget performance for management through such forums as resource advisory committee briefings, presentations, conferences and inspections.
- Participates in policy development and program planning for National Guard activities, including recommending major reprogramming of funds to the senior leadership to ensure a fund balance is maintained and resources are efficiently used.
- Issues supplementary guidance. Ensures policy conforms to existing precedents, practices and policies issued by higher authority.
- Presents the command position and defends budget requirements to visitors and budget examiners.
- Oversees budgetary operations. Monitors the current year?s budget operations through monthly management indicators and staff visits.
- Inspects budgetary operations to determine the adequacy of staffing based on current and forecasted workloads, recommending changes
- Investigates general efficiency and performance, assuring compliance with prescribed procedures and functions.
- Furnishes advice and assistance in problem areas and attempts on-the-spot corrections, recommending improvements where warranted.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and identifies the areas and types of corrective/improvement actions needed.
- Develops data required for examining various options or scenarios related to budgetary issues that may adversely affect the organization.
- Establishes and executes funds control procedures by developing apportionment requirements and schedules for obligations and expenditures, and issuing cost limitations for various elements of expenses.
- Reviews obligation, commitment and manpower authorization documents to ensure charges are in accordance with laws and regulations and within the operating budget.
- Reviews and analyzes operations to determine causes of variances from budgets, time-phased schedules and cost limitations.
- Manages time-phased schedules of obligations and expenditures for applicable organizational budgets.
- Develops monthly expenditure and obligation plans; secures, reviews, and analyzes monthly obligation plans; and submits consolidated schedules of obligations and expenditures.
- Compares actual obligations and expenditures against plans on a monthly basis; determines the reasons for any deviations outside an acceptable range. Provides initial, continuation and update training for Resource Advisors.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540186000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.