This position is located with the Forest Service Enterprise Program Office. The incumbent serves as the Timber Measurement and Contract / Appraisal Specialist responsible for managing a complex timber measurements and contracting program.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Andrew Tasler at 541-213-4014 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Duties listed are at the full performance GS-11 grade level.
- Manages a diverse range of program operations with complicating variables regarding timber measurement and accountability programs.
- Responsible for managing, planning, directing, and coordinating the training and quality control for the various measurement and accountability programs of standing trees and harvested timber.
- Provides technical direction and advice in the areas of timbers measurements, timber sale contract utilization standards, product accountability, export monitoring, quality control compliance, and timber theft.
- Responsible for the oversight, management, planning, directing, coordinating, training and quality control in the preparation of timber sale and stewardship contracts and appraisals.
- Reviews and coordinates the preparation of highly complex timber sales for a wide range of timber and is responsible for correctly appraising timber resources.
- Serves as primary contact with Third Party Scaling Organizations and timber purchasers for the purpose of compliance with the Regional Forester's Scaling Procedures Agreement, Yard Scaling Location Agreements, and Alternate Scaling Agreements.
75% or less - You may be expected to travel overnight for 2-3 days per week for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540181500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.