WHAT IS THE TAX EXEMPT & GOVERNMENT ENTITIES DIVISION? Tax Exempt & Government Entities Division serves Employee Plans which examines the returns of qualified pension benefit plans compliance. Exempt Organizations ensures not-for-profit organizations meet tax-exempt status requirements. And, Government Entities ensures organizations meet their tax withholding and employment tax payment requirements.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations
WHAT DOES A TAX EXEMPT BOND REVENUE AGENT DO? As a Tax Exempt Bond Revenue Agent you will plan, coordinate and independently conduct examinations of tax exempt bond issuances (Form 8038 series for compliance with the Internal Revenue Code requirements. Examinations contain unique, complex or special audit features such as governmental or financial accounting, tax law, investigative or compliance problems where there is little or no previous guidance.
As a Tax Exempt Bond Agent you will:
- Receive assigned cases and conduct analysis in order to develop plans for examinations or compliance contacts.
- Calculate arbitrage rebate determinations.
- Prepare the audit plan and conduct examinations of bond issuances; these cases involve scrutiny of computerized accounting data, extensive research of tax laws, regulations, etc.
- Confer with customers and representatives to explain accounting and other issues involved and the applicability of pertinent tax laws and regulations.
- Develop information for technical advice; prepare technical correspondence, information reports, and memorandum of law.
- Interview techniques and presentation skills to coordinate the compliance contacts and examinations.
- Examine computerized financial records; gather and research data from a variety of sources; prepare work papers and reports documenting findings, conclusions or propose corrective action.
- Identify potential areas of non-compliance requiring policy determination, legal interpretations or law changes; provide data for trend analysis.
- May be assigned to instruct classes, review cases, provide expert testimony, and participate as a cooperating agent in joint investigations.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
25% or less - 6 to 10 night travel per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540149300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.