This position is located in the National Center for Preservation Technology and Training (NCPTT). The incumbent develops and administers Historic Architecture and Engineering activities undertaken by NCPTT and partners in the fields of preservation technology and cultural resource management.Learn more about this agency
Open to the first 100 applicants or until 08/05/2019 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
As an Interdisciplinary position you will:
- Oversee the day to day administration of architecture and engineering research and training activities undertaken by NCPTT, and organizations with funding and technical support through the center's Preservation Technology and Training Grants program or by cooperative agreement or contract with the Center.
- Supervise subordinate staff in carrying out the activities.
- Seek and establish contacts with a broad range of professional and trade organizations, testing laboratories, academic institutions, training centers, and international, national, state, and local agencies for the purpose of developing major new research and training initiatives in the field of preservation technology and training related to architecture and engineering.
- Keep abreast of current research in the fields of historic architecture and engineering and seek to identify cutting-edge technologies in these fields or subjects for research and training by NCPTT or with partners.
- Provide expert consultant services upon request to the full range of NCPTT's constituency, including federal, state, and local agencies; academic institutions; nonprofit and for-profit organizations; tribes; museums; international organizations, and the general public.
- Provides technical assistance on preservation architecture and engineering research and training projects undertaken by NCPTT and by partners.
- Develop and administer training on existing and new preservation technologies for architecture and engineering, which may be presented in a variety of settings and media, including but not limited to traditional classroom settings, and via internet, video, or satellite delivery.
- Perform or oversee curricula development, teaching, testing and grading of trainees, and the overall evaluation of courses.
- Assist in developing those portions of NCPTTs budget concerning activities of the historic architecture and engineering program.
- Work with supervisor to obligate available funds in a timely manner; assist in tracking architecture and engineering expenditures for financial accounting (grants and cooperative agreements, etc.)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540133100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.