THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a GS-0301-07/09 INFORMATION RESOURCE SPECIALIST (TITLE 5), Position Description Number T5706000 in FAC 10S100 and is part of the MO 239th Combat Communications Squadron.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Title 5 Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is responsible for the training, resource management and leadership of all Wing/Base Information Management (IM) personnel.
- Managesg, evaluates, tracks and assists IM personnel assigned Client Support Administrator (CSA) responsibilities.
- Manages and provides guidance to Wing/Base on Enterprise Information Management (EIM).
- Encompasses a combination of functions and business processes for leveraging information management techniques, accountability, and policies.
- Manages the Wing/Base Electronic Records Management (ERM) and Records Life Cycle Program for supported organizations according to Air Force directives using automated management systems, instructions, and general guidance from higher headquarters.
- Serves as Wing/Base Webmaster for all internet and intranet pages, including SharePoint, the AF Portal and Communities of Practice (CoPs).
- Performs information systems/technology support (Client Support Administration) tasks and functions to include installation, configuration, management, and initial diagnostics of client information systems.
- Develop and maintain the Wing/Base Content Management Program.
- Central point of contact (POC) for all matters concerning official correspondence to include developing, implementing, organizing and directing policies, programs, and procedures for appropriate correspondence preparation, routing, and transmission.
- Facilitates IM orientation training for personnel, such as basic personal computer and network training, records management, content management, document security, official mail management, C and I awards program, and IM functional management.
- Coordinates with Wing managers regarding wartime training and tasking of IM personnel, ensure that requirements are met.
- Manages Wing/Base Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act (PA) Programs.
- Manages and provides guidance to the Wing/Base and tenant units on reproduction options, such as local resources, outside vendors, such as the Defense Agency Printing Service (DAPS).
- Provides software application assistance to Wing/Base customers for commonly used office automation and telecommunications applications.
- Ensures deployment readiness of section personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Plans for deployment/contingency support.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540125800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.