THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-0301-09 BASE SERVICES SPECIALIST (TITLE 5), Position Description Number T5900800 in FAC 45A000 and is part of the MO 131st Bomb Wing.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Title 5 Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining position.
- Ensures Sustainment Services personnel and equipment mobility requirements are accomplished.
- Coordinates directly with squadron Unit Deployment Manager to ensure all readiness and ancillary requirements are complete.
- Provides oversight, analysis, and review of Services training requirements; consistent with Career Field Education and Training Plan (CFETP) and master training plan standards.
- Reviews Air Reserve Component Network (ARCNet), and Air Force Training Records (AFTR) to verify required updates and training documentation is complete.
- Collaborates with Unit Training and Deployment Managers to identify, schedule, conduct, and document services specific training and align priorities with wing requirements to ensure all objectives are fulfilled.
- Maintains thorough understanding of readiness reporting requirements and provides documentation of relevant sustainment services training statistics to applicable monitors for inclusion in associated reports.
- Systems include Status of Resource and Training System (SORTS), Air Expeditionary Force Reporting Tool (ART), and Defense Readiness Reporting System (DRRS).
- Analyzes historical data to develop subsistence requisitions in accordance with Air Force and Air National Guard standards.
- Submits approved requisitions through Subsistence Total Order Requisition Electronic System (STORES) web based application.
- Provides input into creation and revision of base lodging operating instruction and applicable checklists or guides.
- Coordinates with contracting officer to establish formal contracts or Blanket Purchase Agreements with local hotels or with host installation agencies to support non-commuting members.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the base Mortuary Affairs Program.
- Serves as the Quality Assurance Evaluator performing quality management, quality assurance and quality control measures to include external and internal audit activities.
- Oversees the development, management, and implementation of a variety of safety programs to ensure regulatory compliance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540066000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.