As a Food Service Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for an effective and efficient food and service operation for patients in acute care, intensive care, psychiatry, domiciliary, nursing home care unit, and ambulatory care. The incumbent is a working Supervisor and directs subordinates' work to conform to Nutrition and Food Services, national, and Cincinnati VA Medical Center mission, goals, procedures, and policies.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesDuties include but are not limited to:
- The incumbent is accountable for the quality and quantity of work performed in the food service area
- The incumbent leads WL-4 wage leaders, and WG-2, WG-3, and WG-4 Food Service Workers
- Ensures that food and supplies are properly stored and rotated, to prevent wastage and promote security
- Controls usage of subsistence and supplies to promote cost-containment.
- Ensures compliance with procedures, policies, Food Code, handbooks, and HACCP guidelines to ensure food safety
- Responsible for following established safety and sanitation procedures and instructs subordinates in these procedures and practices throughout the unit.
- Counsels employees as necessary, addresses informal complaints and grievances through discussion with employees and Union representatives.
- Develops, documents and evaluates standards of work performance.
- Observes subordinate employees' work and ability to follow instructions, provides suggestions and guidance as required.
- Ensures direct-report employees receive and complete all mandatory training.
- Ability to utilize computer software to print dietetic reports and labels.
- Knowledge of regular and modified diets to make necessary diet changes on diet cards and trays.
Work Schedule: Rotating hours with rotating days off. Weekends and Holidays are required.
Position Description Title/PD#: /91061-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position (Cincinnati Ohio/Ft. Thomas Kentucky
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540013900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.