The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Fort Carson Youth Services
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Serves as the CYS Health Specialist with responsibility for the implementation of health support services and special needs issues in all CYS programs
- Serves as a member of the Installation Child and Youth Evaluation Team to ensure compliance with appropriate program regulatory requirements and CYS baseline standards, and assists in maintaining DoD certification
- Ensures facilities/homes maintain appropriate standards for condition, health and sanitation
- Coordinates with the designated CYS Health Consultant/CYS trainers to provide training for staff, providers and volunteers in designated health/special needs related training
- May be required to obtain credentials to train Training and Curriculum and Training and Programming Specialists to instruct CPR/First Aid training/assessments
- Serves as the CYS Health representative to the Special Needs Resource Team. Coordinates with the EFMP Program Manager to ensure all available resources are explored and continuity of care maintained
- Ensure child health records, to include documentation related to special needs, are kept up to date. Monitors staff/provider health requirements. Helps Food Service Specialist coordinate infant feeding plans and special diets as required
- Maintains and analyzes data on instances of illness to determine trends and possible training needs. Maintains and monitors health supplies and first aide supplies. May be required to provide limited direct patient care
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539966100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.