The registered nurse assigned to ICU is a professional nurse with a broad-based clinical knowledge that enables him/her to effectively provide care to a veteran population with widely diverse cardiac, medical, and surgical diagnoses. The RN is responsible and accountable for all elements of the nursing process when providing and/or supervising direct patient care. The RN utilizes the nursing process when assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting individualized plan of care.Learn more about this agency
- Performs ongoing cardiac monitoring for patients with acute and chronic cardiac conditions.
- Demonstrates cardiac rhythm recognition, detects cardiac arrhythmias, understands arrhythmia significance, recognizes symptoms, and anticipates or initiates appropriate nursing measures.
- Performs ongoing assessments, noting changes in condition, and provides appropriate interventions.
- Performs emergent care in acute/crisis situations.
- Provides IV drug infusions of various cardiac medications with nurse driven titration per protocol and procedures.
- Recognizes emergency situations and demonstrates effective action in emergencies.
- Administers medications and procedures as established in policies and guidelines.
- Assures detailed, current and comprehensive documentation is contained in the patient medical record and other pertinent records.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to provide efficient and effective patient care.
- Functions independently and demonstrates the ability to assign, organize, and delegate assessed needs to other members of the interdisciplinary team and peers.
- Influences care outcomes coordinating and collaborating with the interdisciplinary team to provide quality care based on established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in communicating with patient, family, co-workers and interdisciplinary team members. Ensures excellent customer service
Work Schedule: One Opening: 0730-2000, Plus every other weekend 0730-2000
One Opening: 1130-midnight, Plus every other weekend 0730-2000
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539941000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.