These duties are not all inclusive and require the demonstration of appropriate training and documented competence prior to their unrestricted performance. All candidates must have current First Aid, BLS and ACLS training before they begin working as part of the Emergency Response Team (ERT). The incumbent provides immediate services as part of the Emergency Response Team (ERT).Learn more about this agency
The incumbent works in concert with other members of the ERT to assess the situation and the patient in order to determine the nature, extent, and seriousness of the patient's condition including the search for medical alert symbols and medications. The incumbent is required to take call to guarantee all ERT shifts are appropriately covered. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- This may involve obtaining patient health history, chief complaints, medication history, and identification of health related conditions that may impact the patient's health status.
- The incumbent will evaluate patients for emergent/non-emergent medical conditions, order appropriate diagnostic studies and perform a wide range of treatment procedures under the direction of the supervising physician.
- Necessary interventions based upon patient symptoms and established protocols/standards of care should be part of the routine capabilities of this position.
- The incumbent also assists in behavioral and psychiatric situations to include crisis intervention and management of aggressive or suicidal psychiatric patients.
- The incumbent also assists supervising physicians with complex, specialized, and potentially life threatening procedures such as defibrillation, cardioversions, insertion of chest drainage tubes , or initiation of mechanical ventilation to restore normal physiological function or prevent deterioration of the patient's condition.
- The incumbent may perform airway management using BIPAP and advanced airway techniques including the use of LMA and oral intubations using a laryngoscope if properly trained, credentialed and privileged.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description/PD#: Intermediate Care Technician / PD#: 50247A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539855300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.