This National Guard position is for an ALLIED TRADES HELPER, Position Description Number D1219000 and is part of the OH G4 SMO CSMS, Ohio Army National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to assist higher graded workers in the skilled trades occupations; engage in joint operations with higher graded workers; rotate through trades areas to gain experience.
As a ALLIED TRADES HELPER, WG-5801-5, you will perform the following duties:
1) Assists shop personnel in the skilled trades occupations by performing the least skilled duties of those trades. Engages in joint operations with crafts persons. If feasible, rotates through the trades area to gain experience.
2) Performs common and typical tasks such as mixing paint; preparing surfaces; assisting in minor body and fender work; replacing body components; cleaning equipment; and operating hot water pressure washer and sandblasting equipment. Assists in carpentry, machine work, welding, canvas, and leatherwork, or in small arms repair.
3) Removes parts on all types of equipment and armament when the work does not require technical knowledge or skill.
4) Supplies, lifts, and holds materials or tools for higher graded workers. May be required to drive a truck, car, or other vehicle to obtain supplies and equipment in connection with the work conducted in the shop.
5) Uses hand and powered tools of the trade worked.
6) Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539803300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.