THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WG-5801-11 SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC INSPECTOR (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1285000 in SPMD 5125 and is part of the MO Field Maintenance Shop 5.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is aPermanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining unit position.
- Inspects a large variety of heavy-duty mobile equipment (i.e., combat, tactical, etc.) and automotive vehicles.
- Inspect heavy artillery, small arms, powered support and other equipment or components of equal or lesser complexity.
- Inspects complex, interrelated mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic and electrical systems, equipment and their components while in operation or in a standby condition.
- Inspects and performs tests to braking, steering, and differential systems.
- Uses specially designed testing methods and test equipment.
- Inspects equipment to determine needed repairs.
- Utilizes stablished Maintenance Expenditure Limits (MEL) to evaluate economic feasibility of repair(s).
- Prepares lists of needed repairs, parts, and man-hours authorized.
- Performs in-process inspections to assure that equipment is being repaired in accordance with pertinent requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539748400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.