The Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for the care given to a specific grouping of veterans. He/she is designated second-line supervisory authority, responsibility, and accountability for the 24/7 operations of their units/clinics/programs, ensuring that subordinate personnel provide timely nursing care that is supported by Relationship Based Care and Shared Leadership concepts and accepted standards of clinical practice.Learn more about this agency
Duties included but are not limited to:
- Leads/delegates group activities to solve problems or accomplish a specific task. Serves as a role model in the delivery of comprehensive patient/family care and the resolution of issues.
- Applies a collaborative team approach in identifying, analyzing and resolving patient flow issues.Promotes continuity of care through collaboration with patients, families and healthcare teams
- Applies problem-solving skills leading to resolution of barriers to patient flow.
- Evaluates staff performance and provides feedback as appropriate
- Implements an educational plan to meet changing program or service needs for self and others. Maintains knowledge of current techniques, trends and professional issues.
- Facilitates open exchange of ideas between peers, management, and staff; creatively responds to and evaluates suggestions for improvement.
- Participates in educational assessment of unit staff and recommends to 7 South Unit Manager priority of topics for staff development.
- Supports participation in professional organizations.
- As directed by the 7 South Unit Manager, conducts staff meetings to facilitate communication, disseminate information /lead and promote interdisciplinary interaction and problem solving.
- Provides staff with ongoing feedback related to performance, and assists the 7 South Unit Manager with staff performance appraisals and Individual Development Plans.
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution/management skills.
- Creates an atmosphere in which nurses build professional relationships with peers and colleagues in the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides opportunities for nurses to share knowledge through coaching and mentoring.
- Establishes/maintains effective collegial relationships within PCS Inpatient Medicine, between services, within administration and with other leaders in the health care community.
- Assures compliance with standards and regulations related to clinical practice through data collection, interpretation, and reporting of findings with appropriate recommendations including VANOD and other nurse sensitive data bases.
- Assures that customers are treated in a professional manner with tact, courtesy, and respect
Work Schedule: 10:00a-8:30p and 8:00p-6:30a with weekend rotation
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539657900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.