VA Long Beach Healthcare System (VALBHS) is now accepting applications for experienced RNs for the Specialty Clinics - Dermatology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology/Arthritis, Neurology, Infectious Disease, Hematology/Oncology, Pulmonary, Allergy, GI/Liver Outpatient, and Renal/CKD Clinic.Learn more about this agency
The RNs has the knowledge and ability to provide a full range of nursing care. Gives on-the-job training to new employees in accordance with established procedures and practices. Provides information via telephone and in person to the public, members of the professional staff, civilian, and veterans in response to inquiries .
The RN is accountable for adhering to established policies, standards of care and standards of practice, demonstrating leadership in a service as a role model when assigned as team nurse under the supervision of the Nurse Manager of Specialty Clinic. The nurse will be responsive to customer needs, ensuring customer satisfaction, which reflects an understanding of age specific and developmental needs as demonstrated by fulfilling the following:
- Assists staff with routine and timely completion of tasks prioritizing needs for patients with complex problems.
- Involves patients/significant others with plan of care and coordinates plan with the team members and with other links in patients' continuum of care. o Utilizes policy orders appropriately.
- Assess subtle and potential changes in signs, symptoms, and/or changes in patients' condition/behavior and modifying nursing interventions accordingly.
- Accurately document and report care including significant data regarding patients' response to nursing interventions and patient education.
- Evaluates and analyze changes in patients' response and revise care accordingly.
- Assess learning needs, plan and implement, evaluate and document individual/group teaching plans according to established practices as well as non-established teaching program.
- Plans for personal growth as related to professional goals based on self-assessment, evaluation, and feedback. Assumes responsibility for acquiring knowledge and experience to meet goals. Actively participates in professional organizations. Conducts training for professional paraprofessional personnel within the department.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate effectively with all internal and external customers. o Is self-directive in accepting responsibility for own actions and for professional and personal growth.
- Utilize self-assessment to improve performance.
- Guide performance of others who provide nursing care by providing feedback, both verbally and in writing.
- Participate in staff orientation program.
- Plan, initiate, participate in and present unit or service wide in-service/continuing education programs and/or organizational improvement project as assigned.
- Participates in Performance Evaluation and Improvement (PE & I) activities by evaluating patient care systems that may include standards, protocols, and documentation for efficiency, safety, and quality. Incorporates evaluation data in the provision of ongoing case management services.
- Documents patients' progress on clinical pathways/algorithms. Plans care based on patient needs and health care needs, at home and in the health care setting. Utilizes nursing interpretation to alert physicians to significant changes or abnormalities and provide medical information about the patients' condition, medical history and specialized treatment plan or protocol to other professionals.
- Applies critical thinking and analytical skills to identify barriers for care delivery. Utilizes creativity and innovation and recommends changes that will improve patient care and/or clinic efficiency, or decrease cost associated with care delivery.
- Serves as a resource to physicians, nurses, LVNs and other professional at other medical treatment facilities used as referral sources for patients. Shares experience, knowledge and skills.
- Responds to and/or take charge of Medical Emergencies on station until a physician is available. Call for local emergency support when appropriate. This may include cardiac arrest or trauma that has occurred on the premises.
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: Not Authorized
PCS Authorized: No
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539616700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.