The Pathways Internship Program allows students to join VA in career positions that emphasize long-term training and development. The incumbent serves as a Lab Aid and is responsible for collecting a broad range of routine and emergency samples.Learn more about this agency
You must be willing to relocate.
This position is being filled under the Pathways Internship Program. The program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore Federal careers while still in school. The Internship provides managers a ready source of student employees and potential permanent employees upon completion of the program requirements. It also provides the student with work experience directly related to the curriculum studies or career goals while offering eligibility for non-competitive conversion to permanent employment upon completion. For more information on Internship opportunities within the Department of Veterans Affairs, please visit: https://www.va.gov/EMPLOYEE/pathways-internship-program/.
Duties may include but not limited to:
- Perform phlebotomy and other specimen collection procedures.
- Attends to patients while in their care during the procedure.
- Responsible for sterile collection and dispersal of physician requested specimen.
- Delivery to the automated specimen processor or other points of analysis
- Processes specimens in accordance with proper laboratory technology to optimize timing and physiological changes in the specimen.
Work Schedule: Work schedule varies with approximately 12 hours a week
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539553600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.