This position is located at the National Agricultural Library in Beltsville, MD. The Supervisory Librarian serves as the Associate Director (AD) for the Data Production Division, providing administrative and management oversight for 3 branches. The AD develops and implements industry standards and leads efforts to infuse innovation into division functions - ranging from automation to artificial intelligence and natural language processing - to improve customer satisfaction and quality assurance.Learn more about this agency
- Participates in strategic planning and establishes policies, programs, plans and budgets for the National Agricultural Library (NAL), serving as a member of the executive leadership team
- Collaborates with experts and key officials from government, academic institutions, private research foundations, and scientific organizations to create and manage agricultural and information sciences programs
- Oversees the acquisition and processing of materials in agriculture and related disciplines, the creation of bibliographic metadata, the production and development of NAL's Catalog Database and Thesaurus, and the digitization of physical collections
- Reviews and evaluates program operations and budget accountability to ensure goals and objectives are being met; plans, schedules and sets priorities for the Division
- Serves as both a first and second level supervisor of staff, responsible for filling vacancies, delegating tasks, providing training, evaluating performance, and motivating and guiding employees
- Ensures the continuous availability, integrity and security of NAL's physical, electronic and special collections
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539521400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.