This position is being announced concurrently as an AGR position. To view the AGR job announcement, please visit the Ohio National Guard jobs page at http://ong.ohio.gov/human_resources/ong_job_postings.html.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, Position Description Number D0734000 and is part of the OH 179 Airlift Wing, Ohio Air National Guard.
As a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, WS-8852-10, you will perform the following duties:
(1) Planning: Plans weekly or monthly work schedules and sequence of operations. Establishes deadlines and priorities based on established general schedules, methods and policies. Determines skills, materials and equipment required to do the work. Participates in the initial planning of current and future work schedules and development of budget requests. Provides workload data, estimates, information on staffing needs, and recommendations as the scheduling of projected work.
(2) Work Direction: Assigns tasks to be performed. Explains work requirements, methods, and procedures. Instructs subordinates on new procedures or methods and provides assistance on difficult or new problem areas. Reviews work in progress or on completion. Makes adjustments as necessary to effectively and economically accomplish the work. Notes and investigates work related problems and independently implements corrective actions which can be taken without affecting work operations controlled by other supervisors. Assures that equipment and materiel is available when needed. Coordinates work with other units.
(3) Administration: Recommends and participates in the selection of personnel to fill vacancies. Schedules and approves leave of subordinates. Sets performance requirements and makes formal and informal performance appraisals. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for its accomplishment. Counsels employees on problems.
(4) Performs the nonsupervisory work of the function as needed.
(5) Implements regulatory safety requirements and ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description doesn't contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#D0734000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539520400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.