The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See Other Information for LocationsLearn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE PRIVACY, GOVERMENTAL, LIAISON & DISCLOSURE (PGLD) DIVISION? The Privacy, Governmental, Liaison & Disclosure (PGLD) Division is responsible for safeguarding and protecting sensitive taxpayer and employee information while promoting government transparency and accountability through better access to government information.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR RECORDS ANALYST DO? As a Senior Records Analyst the incumbent serves as a subject matter expert for the development and implementation of Servicewide policy on new applications of eRecords management and information technology emerging technologies and their applications to records and information management processes, applications and implementation of information systems to meet organizational requirements. The incumbent provides expert analytical and technical support to management in assessing and defining the needs of the Agency for Records and Information Management (RIM). This position works closely with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Records Officer in coordinating and monitoring various programs within the IRS Records and Information Management Program specifically with information technology implementation and development and working alongside with contractors.
As a Records and Information Management Specialist you will:
- Keeps informed on current developments and on new applications of information technology (software and telecommunications), emerging technologies and their applications to records and information management processes, and applications and implementation of information systems to meet organizational requirements.
- Reports on projects and all aspects of records and information management contract(s).
- Performs Senior Records Analyst duties with primary responsibility for the implementation, development and oversight of the Servicewide eRecords Management program. Evaluates Electronic Recordkeeping Systems to ensure proper requirements as mandated by law for storage and disposal of electronic records.
- Plans, organizes and schedules work operations and reviews the work of assigned resources with contractors.
- Adjusts budget and financial management activities; plans and carries out training and development; and evaluates project and/or program work and outcomes.
- Conducts comprehensive long-range projects and studies of broad functional areas of IRS involving major problems in creation, maintenance, use, disposition, preservation, and retrieval of records.
- In conjunction with the Contracting Officer Representative, provides guidance and direction on program-level acquisition management strategies to support projects including preparing Statements of Work (SOW), negotiations and awarding contracts.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 01 to 05 Nights Per Months
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539296000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.