THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-1035-11 PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D2382000 in FAC 11D100 and is part of the MO 131st Bomb Wing.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining position.
- Assists the Public Affairs Officer in the formulation of long-range plans and policies to enhance public understanding, support and acceptance of Public Affairs programs and/or activities statewide.
- Researches and develops informational materials and complete communication campaigns for release to audiences through electronic and newspaper media.
- Prepared materials explain or describe the mission of the National Guard, National Guard accomplishments, policies, programs or actions taken to ensure the National Guard's compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Responds to media requests for information of both a routine and controversial nature.
- Prepares or assembles information kits and edits informational materials drafted by subordinate public affairs specialists.
- Releases photographs and/or feature stories to the news media, coordinates media interviews with subject matter experts and arranges photographic and electronic media coverage of newsworthy events.
- Maintains close working relationships with officials of various civic, media and community groups.
- Provides training on Public Affairs program policies, practices and processes.
- Creates new or adapts or modifies accepted communication campaign formats to reach a target audience with a specific message.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539066400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.