THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WG-5378-10 POWERED SUPPORT SYSTEMS MECHANIC (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D0324000 in FAC 23F100 and is part of the MO 131st Bomb Wing.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining position.
- Interpretates manufacturer drawings, specifications, operating instructions, and test procedures, to troubleshoot, calibrate, align and repair a variety of highly complex pieces of powered support equipment.
- Identifies, repairs or replaces numerous electronic (both digital and analog) components.
- Repairs composite materials and state of the art gas compressor turbines and electronically controlled engines.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, adjusts and aligns down-sized powered support equipment.
- Uses a variety of sophisticated testers, such as analyzers, digital meters, oscilloscopes and other measuring devices to determine repair requirements.
- Corrects unusual maintenance problems, by interpreting a variety of technical data such as tables, charts, formulas, color codes, wiring diagrams, and schematic symbols.
- Does circuit analyses, considers integrated circuit relationships, and applies electronic principles in order to fault-isolate and repair the various digital devices contained in highly complex powered support equipment.
- Performs inspections, preventive maintenance, servicing, repair, and adjustments on complex rotary diesel engines. Performs intermediate-level maintenance on powered support equipment and non-powered AGE.
- Performs maintenance data collection, and prepares other required forms. Maintains Technical Orders, Technical Order Files, commercial technical publications and other directives pertinent to the section.
- Submits Technical Order Improvement Reports, Material Deficiency Reports and suggestions when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539058700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.