THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WG-5823-10 AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D0348P01 in FAC 42B100 and is part of the MO 131st Bomb Wing.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining unit position.
- Inspects general condition of gasoline and diesel powered vehicles to determine overall vehicle condition, cause of malfunction or need for repair.
- Diagnoses malfunctions by visual or auditory examination methods.
- Troubleshoots, inspects, tests and analyzes vehicle computer/electrical control systems, mechanical and hydraulic systems, lubricating, cooling, air conditioning and exhaust systems.
- Troubleshoots, inspects, tests and analyzes state of the art fiber optic systems, engine electrical systems, engine fuel-air systems, and electronic/pneumatic controlled automatic transmission and differentials.
- Troubleshoots, inspects, tests and analyzes power dividers, power trains, brakes, steering and suspension systems.
- Performs Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs), including scheduled and special inspections.
- Removes rebuilds, repairs, replaces vehicle system components.
- Performs operational driving tests to determine serviceability.
- Performs body repair and corrosion control, repaints and refinishes surfaces as required.
- Repairs and/or replaces body parts, locks, glass, etc. and determines if additional repairs are required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539054300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.