The PALACE Acquire Program is a formal training plan. As a Palace Acquire Intern you will experience both personal and professional growth while dealing effectively and ethically with change, complexity, and problem solving. The program offers a 3 year formal training plan with yearly salary increases. Promotions and salary increases are based upon your successful performance and supervisor approval. This is your opportunity to begin a successful civilian career with the United States Air Force.Learn more about this agency
Duties are to include but not limited to:
- Performs routine tasking, or assists others with more complex assignments. Performs a variety of specific duties designed to develop knowledge and skill in applying computer scientist principles, methods and techniques.
- Performs a variety of specific duties designed to develop knowledge and skill in applying system evaluation methods and techniques in support of systems acquisition.
- Participates in conducting studies to identify computer system deficiencies.
- Carries out special projects and assignments in the development of software and solutions to be used by higher-level computer scientists, scientists, contractors and/or customers.
- Professional knowledge of computer science, policies, theories, principles and concepts to apply to scientific methods and techniques to solve assigned problems.
- Professional knowledge of theoretical foundations of computer science, including digital computer systems architecture and systems software organization.
- Professional knowledge of computer science and related disciplines to design, develop and adapt scientific methods and techniques to recommend solutions for computer problems.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply computer science procedures in a variety of situations and recommend effective solutions to senior scientists.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538973600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.