The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of Philadelphia, PA as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience as an Administrative Assistant.
In this position, the incumbent will answer phones, set multiple appointments, set up and organize files, manage electronic equipment, work with confidential files and answer questions as needed.
Typical assignments include:
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies.
- Setting up files and producing file folder labels.
- Making copies, filing, and scanning documents.
- Producing reports using established formats on required forms.
- Entering information into excel spreadsheets.
- Using Microsoft Office computer software to support administrative assignments.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538960000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.