Biomedical Engineer is responsible for the hospital-wide Clinical Engineering Program serving all Services throughout multiple Medical Centers, their state of the art, modern outpatient clinics, Home Based Health Care and Research. Incumbent supports and advances patient care by applying engineering and managerial skills to healthcare technology.Learn more about this agency
- Assists in development of the equipment management program that meets current JCAHO and NFPA requirements:
- Assists in the provision of a continuing education program for clinical staff addressing the principles and application of medical instrumentation used in the delivery of health care. This includes a curriculum that addresses the safe and effective use of medical equipment and/or technology;
- Assists in the management of a recall and safety alert program for medical devices, including medical device incident investigations to assure compliance with patient safety goals, SMDA, and JCAHO requirements;
- Assists in advising clinical and leadership staff on medical engineering technology (including existing and emerging technology) addressing viability, long-term suitability, compatibility, and/or safety;
- Assists in conducting capital asset and infrastructure planning for medical equipment spanning initial concept, installation, and effective implementation of complex medical equipment; and
- Serves as institutional resource who directly supports the clinical technology including service, system administration, training, and quality assurance.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 07:30 am- 04:00 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
The major duties listed above represent the full performance level of GS-12. If selected at the entry (GS-07) or the developmental levels (GS-09/ GS-11), the incumbent will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-12. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538860900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.