Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Supervisory Transportation Security Specialist position is located in the Transportation Security Operations Center (TSOC), Flight Operations Division, Law Enforcement/Federal Air Marshal Service, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Duties include but are not limited to:
- Directs and manages the work of watch officer positions involved in Aviation, Rail, Mass Transit, Highways, Maritime, Air Cargo, Pipeline, Postal and Shipping sectors. In addition, may supervise liaison officer(s) assigned to the DHS National Operations Center and Federal Air Marshals assigned in support of TSOC operations.
- Evaluates, coordinates, and provides situational awareness to the TSA Administrator and the Administrator's staff on incidents involving the security of the nation's transportation infrastructure.
- Coordinates information exchange with senior leadership as directed by the Senior Incident Management Group to ensure decision makers are apprised of security and threat related information.
- Provides recommended courses of action, facilitates information flow from the field and maintains robust information exchange with higher headquarters for development of DHS critical information requirements.
- Develops and refines research techniques to gather open source information involving multi- modal security incidents.
- Conducts extensive outreach within the Agency and externally across governmental organizations, law enforcement entities, and transportation industry partners building and strengthening crucial security relationships.
SUPERVISORY/MANAGERIAL PROBATIONARY PERIOD REQUIREMENT: Unless previously completed, you must satisfactorily complete a one-year supervisory probationary period to continue in this supervisory/managerial position.
This position is also being announced through Government Wide procedures under Announcement FAM-HQ-FLT-OP-19-599460-G. Candidates who wish to be considered under both Public (US Citizens) and Government-Wide procedures must apply to both announcements.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel maybe required (up to 10%).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538848000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.