This position is located in the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) with one vacancy in each of the following branch: Northwest Fisheries Science Center (NWFSC), Fishery Resource Analysis and Monitoring (FRAM) Division in Seattle, WA or Newport, OR; Pacific Islands Fisheries Science (PIFSC), Fisheries Research and Monitoring (FRM) Division in Honolulu, HI; and Southwest Fisheries Science Center (SWFSC), Fisheries Resources Division (FRD) in San Diego, CA.Learn more about this agency
The official title is: Supervisory Mathematical Statistician, Supervisory Regional Economist, Supervisory Fish Biologist, OR Supervisory Biologist. Official Title will be determined based on the qualifications of the selectee.
As a Supervisory Mathematical Statistician, Supervisory Regional Economist, Supervisory Fish Biologist OR Supervisory Biologist, you will perform the following duties:
- Provide leadership in planning and executing a multi-million-dollar annual budget and in seeking additional funding to support special projects.
- Supervise a scientific research program aimed at implementing ecosystem-based management and conservation strategies for U.S. fisheries in both domestic and international waters.
- Develop long range plans for the future programs involving fisheries monitoring, fisheries data management, fisheries interactions, fish life history studies and stock assessment.
- Oversee the collection, processing, analysis and management of biological and fishery data in support of stock assessments and management of resources.
- Perform a wide array of supervisory duties, including professional development, performance reviews, hiring and training.
Occasional travel - Up to 25% of domestic and foreign travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538823100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.