The ideal candidate for this position will have experience managing, directing and supervising a subordinate staff while providing advice and guidance to leadership on IT data management. This position starts at a salary of $105,644 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region VII team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a first level supervisor over a staff of Information Technology (IT) Specialist who perform a wide range of IT management activities that extend and apply to the entire FEMA organization and its major components. Typical assignments include:
- Managing an organization of IT Specialist who perform duties involving the development, maintenance, and implementation of FEMA-wide information technology plans.
- Providing day-to-day management oversight of a variety of major projects to include multi-functional IT program(s) and technical projects.
- Overseeing IT systems planning goals, strategies, objectives, measures, and metrics pertaining to the FEMA Strategic plan.
- Preparing and evaluating results of special studies, identifying problems, addressing concerns, and resolving complex issues related to and in support of the IT planning process.
- Providing highly technical advice, guidance, and instruction to functional users, managers and applications programmers.
25% or less - Travel up to 25% is required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538802300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.