DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees' differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration.
This position is located in the DOL,BLS, Field Operations Office, in ATL,GA.
This position is in the bargaining unit & has promotion potential to the GS-12.
Additional Selections may be made from this announcement.Learn more about this agency
For the GS07: At the GS-07 level the incumbent will preform all of the duties in a developmental capacity. Full performance of the position is a GS-12.
- Makes arrangements preparatory to obtaining data from enterprises for which the collection of data is expected to be straight forward and uncomplicated and requires the application of conventional methods.
- Performs routine analysis of collected information in order to discover and rectify common discrepancies.
- Makes follow-up contact to respondents providing data to ensure accurate and timely survey results.
- Responds to queries from respondents for BLS information by providing them with the salient publications, assisting in interpretation where appropriate, or referring them to appropriate regional staff.
For the GS09: At the GS-09 level the incumbent will preform all of the duties in a developmental capacity. Full performance of the position is a GS-12.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts data collection assignments using fairly complex economic or statistical techniques which are covered by established methods and procedures.
- Using conventional methods, makes arrangements preparatory to obtaining data from enterprises for which the collection of data is expected to present relatively few complexities and for which precedents exist.
- While assignments can be limited in scope, they require the knowledge of economic principles and statistical techniques in order to evaluate the data collected and to make adjustment to ensure reliability and comparability.
- Evaluates responses for reasonableness and conformance to survey requirements, referring high impact and/or atypical responses to supervisor for guidance.
THIS IS AN INTERDISCIPLINARY POSITION AND MAY BE FILLED EITHER AS AN ECONOMIST OR STATISTICIAN (ECONOMICS).
50% or less - Travel may be required for training, conferences, meetings or other mandatory interactions, as scheduled.
12 - There is no obligation to provide future promotions if you are selected. Promotions are dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, meet all the performance requirements, and supervisor’s recommendation to the next grade.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538773400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.