The purpose of this position is to perform plumbing work that includes installing, maintaining, removing, cleaning, replacing, packing, and sealing effective parts of utility, supply, and disposal systems; measuring, cutting, bending, and threading pipe and tile; installing equipment; and performing straightforward plumbing work, to include ground sprinkler system components.Learn more about this agency
The duties of the Plumber may include but are not limited to the following:
- Completes the routing and placement of systems leading to the equipment; and seats, hooks up, and tests the equipment.
- Operates power equipment (e.g. backhoe, pipe threader, ditch witch, etc.) and hand tools to install, maintain and repair various lawn sprinkler systems.
- Installs, modifies, and repairs new and existing utility, supply, and disposal systems and equipment such as sewage, water, oil, and gas distribution systems, and water closets, tubs, fire sprinkler systems, and showers.
- Ability to plan and layout the installation and the modification of various lawn sprinkler systems.
- Installs, modifies, and repairs systems by locating and tapping main lines; setting up system routes; placing and cutting route openings; placing hangers for proper level and slope; and determining and installing valves, traps, and unions needed for proper operation of systems.
- Maintains inventory of plumbing and sprinkler system parts and supplies.
- Works from building plans, blueprints, and sketches to plan and lay out the routing, placement, slant, slope, fall, and proper operation of systems and equipment. Plan and lays out the installation and modification of various systems and equipment such as the routing, openings, slant, and level of gas and water lines; and the location and arrangement of water closets, sinks, and fire sprinkler equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538756400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.