This position is located within the Medical Telemetry Unit (MTU) at the Roseburg VA Medical Center. The MTU services Veterans admitted with medical diagnosis that requires acute level care and observation. The nurse will be responsible and accountable for all elements of the nursing process when providing and/or supervising direct patient care.Learn more about this agency
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating care based on age and culture-specific components
- Coordination of care focused on patient transition through the continuum of care, patient/resident, and family education, patient/resident self-management after discharge, and supporting factors that impact customer satisfaction
- Administering medications and procedures per established policies and guidelines
- Influencing care outcomes by collaborating with members of the interdisciplinary team
- Practicing in accordance with and adhering to the Nurse practice Act, VHA policies and procedures, and the standards of outside accrediting bodies
- Coordination of continuum of care to include managing referrals to community, other VA facilities, and within the Roseburg VA Medical Center
- Participating in quality improvement processes, initiatives, and customer service programs
- Providing care and counseling regarding maintenance of health, prevention of illness, and injury based on nursing processes; including systematic data gathering, assessment, appropriate nursing judgment, and evaluation.
Work Schedule: Varied hours and days, this is a 24/7 unit
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538712100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.