The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly motivated team player with supervisory/management experience who possess analytical and strategic core strengths. This position starts at a salary of $117,191 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the USFA team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will be responsible for directing, planning, managing, developing, coordinating and evaluating the policies, programs, services and activities of a branch within the NFA, which includes a comprehensive and coordinated approach to program implementation and management.
Typical assignments include:
- Supervising administrative and operational support between USFA, other Federal agencies, state and local governments, and fire service organizations.
- Developing and executing the NFA budget, monitoring the effective utilization of available resources, and cultivating funding alternatives.
- Developing team-based approaches for assignments and initiatives.
- Providing analysis support to the Deputy Superintendent and the Superintendent in all areas of organizational operation and management.
- Overseeing the technical and administrative supervision and direction of assigned staff including recruitment, selection, development, and evaluation of staff.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538609700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.