The Chief of Staff is a key member of the senior leadership team, and actively participates in the development of overall management objectives and philosophies necessary for the attainment of optimum efficiency in providing health care to Maine's veteran population. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination of clinical activities, clinical staff and administrative oversight.Learn more about this agency
Applicants will be referred every 30 days until a selection is made.
Some duties may include:
- Promote the development of health care professionals through counseling, mentoring, teaching and encouraging self-assessment
- Work with the Executive Leadership Team to ensure that facility programs reflect the mission and priorities of VHA and VA
- Accomplish clinical program goals consistent with available resources and participate in the allocation of facility resources and modification of programs to best meet the needs of the Veteran population
- Monitor and promote compliance with VA regulations and professional standards pertaining to outside professional activities and ethical conduct
- Create a High Reliability Organization environment of system oriented continuous quality improvement characteristic in, within which program and quality of care effectiveness are evaluated
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Telework: Ad Hoc Telework available to highly qualified candidates
Relocation/Recruitment Incentive: Not authorized
PCS/Relocation Allowances: May be authorized to highly qualified current federal employees. Selectee is subject to Federal Travel Regulation eligibility requirements.
AVO: Not authorized
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538564900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.