The position is located in the United States Agency for Global Media (USAGM), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Financial Operations Division. The incumbent serves as the Payroll Manager and is responsible for daily payroll operations by providing oversight and direction. The incumbent will monitor payroll reports and conduct analysis to ensure payroll balances are accurate, the appropriate uses of leave, and manage the distribution process of payroll reports.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as payroll manager for the design, implementation, and enhancement of payroll systems, processing and controls, and as required, external interfaces to other systems.
- Controls, certifies, pays, and audits payroll claims and transactions in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations, and policies and procedures. Establishes, modifies and develops procedures related to payroll claims and employee claims processing.
- Manages the Memorandum of Understanding between USAGM and the payroll cross-servicing provider.
- Provides customer service to USAGM personnel and management on the full range of payroll issues to ensure that time and attendance is recorded and certified accurately in accordance with the employee's schedule and Federal requirements.
- Supervises the payroll office staff including creation of a performance plan, evaluation of progress, assessing any required training, and completing mid-year and annual appraisals. Manages the workflow of the staff to ensure requirements are met.
- Schedule and meet with program offices, Administrative Officers, timekeepers, and system providers on items such as policy, non-compliance and control issues, as necessary.
- Develops and prepares accounting statements, reports and related financial information on salary advances, expenditures and repayments.
- Serves as the principal subject matter and technical expert for all payroll and payroll processing topics related to policies, regulations, and guidance.
- Responsible for tracking and processing non-routine payroll actions through the payroll system such as corrections, settlements and garnishments. Additionally researches, tracks and coordinates salary offset circumstances for debt owed USAGM. Tracks this payroll activity to ensure compliance with federal reporting such as IRS regulations.
- May serve as a Contracting Officer's Representative (COR), preparing Statements of Work, assisting in vendor selection, and monitoring the funding levels of contracts.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538323400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.