Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is: To serve as an advanced trainee professional Biological Scientist (Environmental), performing duties which are designed to progress the employee in the application of academic theories and principles to Biological Science assignments.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Use current methods to perform specific work assignments that are related to your field
- Performs independent environmental research assignments
- Participates in special initiatives, studies, and carries out projects
- Prepares written correspondence and documents, and orally communicates; clear and efficient
- Knowledge of skill in applying the basic concepts, methods, and practices of Biological Science in one or more specialty areas to include industrial waste management, air pollution control, water quality control and solid waste management, routine, well-precedented assignments using standard methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of agency, state, federal, and local environmental regulations sufficient to identify non-compliance and address environmental issues.
- Skill in communicating factual, pertinent, and procedural information clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to gather and analyze basic facts and draw conclusions.
- Ability to learn the operation of information Technology (IT) and data systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538320700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.