THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WG-8852-08/10 AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D0483000 in SPMD 4622and is part of the MO Army Aviation Support Facility Ft Leonard Wood.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining position.
- Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on assigned aircraft to include phase inspection, daily inspections, pre and post flight inspections and such special inspections as required.
- Conducts checks on hydraulic, electrical, transmission, power systems, etc.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft.
- Performs the full range of repair and testing of aircraft systems, assemblies, and surfaces.
- Using a variety of methods involving test equipment, visual checks, and instruments, diagnoses and identifies problem and determines the extent of repairs required.
- Removes components and assemblies, repairs or replaces defective parts and components and reassembles repaired items into the aircraft.
- Installs, aligns, and makes needed adjustments to major components and assemblies such as engines, propeller/rotors, transmissions, hydraulic systems, etc.
- Conducts ground functional tests of all aircraft systems.
- Launches and recovers assigned and transient aircraft; performs inspections prior to takeoff.
- Inspects far conditions such as oil, fuel, and hydraulic leaks, cut lines, tires and loose panels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538203800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.