THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WG-4818-11 AIRCRAFT SURVIVAL FLIGHT EQUIPMENT REPAIRER (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1728000 in FAC 31C00 and is part of the MO 131st Bomb Wing.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining unit position.
- Planned and laid out work to be accomplished in an aircraft survival flight equipment maintenance shop which was then completed by the incumbent and lower graded worker(s).
- Utilized knowledge and skills of the journey level as well as those required to plan, accomplish, and maintain a functional shop maintenance program.
- Independently determined appropriate maintenance procedures such as how and when the work should be accomplished.
- Estimated manpower, equipment, and material requirements.
- Devised and maintained all program plans and records, performed surveillance and troubleshooting, and determined maintenance/repair procedures to be utilized.
- Planned, organized, and directed shop maintenance programs/procedures under general supervision.
- Determined approaches, methods, and courses of action required to accomplish the mission of the shop in an effective and efficient manner.
- Provided recommendations and input to the supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position description changes, disciplinary actions, leave, etc.
- Performed the full range of journey level work of the shop.
- Implemented safety regulatory requirements.
- Inspected, tested, calibrated, certified, and performed diagnostic evaluations on aircrew life support equipment, aircrew chemical/biological defense equipment, and aircraft ejection/non-ejection systems.
- Troubleshot, repaired, replaced, assembled and disassembled aircrew life support equipment, aircrew chemical/biological defense equipment, and aircraft ejection/non-ejection systems.
- Cleared Red X symbols on aircraft forms, aircraft/aircrew electronic communications equipment, and aircraft- oxygen related systems.
- Certified Aircrew Life Support equipment requirements for all missions.
- Ensured aircraft were properly configured with proper types and numbers of aircrew life support equipment dependent on destination and mission being flown.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538186900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.