THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-2210-11 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (NETWORK SERVICES) (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1560P01 in FAC 32F200 and is part of the MO 157th Air Operations Group.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Designed and engineered data and voice networks carried over various transmission systems such as multi-channel satellite.
- Designed and engineered data and voice networks carried over various transmission systems such as troposphere scatter systems.
- Designed and engineered data and voice networks carried over various transmission systems such as Line-Of-Sight (LOS) RF radios.
- Designed and engineered data and voice networks carried over various transmission systems such as Line-Of-Sight (LOS) laser radios.
- Designed and engineered data and voice networks carried over various transmission systems such as cable systems, fiber optic as well as copper.
- Engineered and designed router-to-router connections utilizing military and commercial protocol.
- Engineered and designed router-to-router connections utilizing circuit configurations through military and commercial multiplexers.
- Developed plans for employment of communications systems to support in-garrison and deployed operations.
- Planned and designed Wide Area Networks (WANs) consisting of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) and Military Specification (MILSPEC) components to operate IAW accepted Information Technology (IT) security policies using automated network planning tools.
- Utilized a broad knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods and practices to provide network services that support a requesting agency's requirements.
- Utilized a broad knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods and practices to identify, direct, and coordinate the actions required to provide needed services.
- Determined the compatibility of frequency assignments for fixed station and/or mobile radio, radar, satellite links, and other systems used by the military.
- Coordinated frequency assignments with ANG Headquarters, local Spectrum Managers, unit spectrum managers as well as MAJCOM Spectrum Management personnel.
- Determined requirements and requested resources from different agencies to support contingency and/or training networks.
- Identified and corrected network and transmission deficiencies in planned or currently operational networks.
- Determined operational, technical and support requirements for the location, installation, operation and maintenance of network equipment and systems.
- Reviewed and analyzed data, made technical judgments, and prepared decisions and recommendations concerning the quality, acceptability, and/or need for changes/improvements.
- Interpreted and applied joint standards when designing data, voice, and transmission networks and/or systems to meet mission objectives.
- Created or adapted guides and controls for network, system, or total communications programs in support of daily operations, training exercises, and deployments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538170300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.