The incumbent will serve as a Supervisory HR Specialist in the Office of HR Management, Compensation and Classification Service (CCS). CCS is the Departmental component responsible for the oversight and development of pay and classification. You will provide administrative and technical oversight of a cadre of HR Spec responsible for providing guidance on Federal pay programs under title 5 and title 38 systems, development of pay policies, and the development of pay legislative proposals.Learn more about this agency
- Provide technical guidance and advisory services to human resources specialist and line managers at VA field facilities, VISN officers, VA Administrations, etc. regarding administration of compensation programs
- Monitor legislative and regulatory changes in compensation to identify required changes in policy, regulation or procedure
- Coordinate the development and implementation of pay and leave administration related programs, policies, and procedures
- Conduct training on new guidance and regulation as the agency representative on Title 5 and Title 38 compensation matters
- Lead ad hoc teams to develop policies and guidance concerning significant issues in compensation
- Write Agency guidance and policy addressing compensation issues or questions of substantial breadth and scope
- Supervise personnel to ensure prudent management of VA Title 5 and Title 38 pay and leave administration and compensation flexibilities and programs
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538157500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.