THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a GS-2210-11 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT) (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D2182P01 in FAC 46C100 and is part of the MO 131st Bomb Wing.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining unit position.
- Manages the assigned information technology (IT)/communications environment with privileged access at the network level.
- Plans, coordinates, installs, and continuously analyzes system design, hardware and software.
- Develops, recommends, and installs solutions and upgrades to ensure availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of all components of the assigned system.
- Optimizes the functionality and performance of hardware and software systems and ensures availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of system resources.
- Provides customer technical assistance and support for all users.
- Provides ongoing technical support to customers to ensure proper functional use of equipment and programs and to preclude undue interruptions to IT and communications services.
- Works with customers to ensure efficient operations which support each unit's requirements.
- Determines customer requirements and assists customers by recognizing and analyzing trends and providing instruction and orientation services.
- Identifies and documents system requirements for specific needs of customers.
- Conducts in-depth analyses of system usage, user complaints, traffic interruptions, hardware and software capabilities, and other relevant factors.
- Recommends methods and procedures and coordinates corrective action to optimize utilization of present equipment.
- Conducts feasibility studies to identify and analyze system failures and analyzes data to determine if trends exist which forecast the need for future replacement or modification of system hardware and software.
- Coordinates frequency needs with command level spectrum management office to maintain current allocations and obtain new authorizations.
- Secures operating authority, and ensures minimal interference by ANG radio frequency (RF) operations.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs hardware devices supporting a broad range of information and communications systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538094300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.