Serves as a Vehicle Engineering Analyst trainee in the Flight Mechanics and Analysis Division of the Engineering Directorate at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL developing the knowledge and abilities to perform Integrated System Health Management (ISHM) activities for aerospace launch vehicles and systems hardware fault detection, isolation, and response; and assesses failure modes, fault tolerance, and fault propagation of critical functions of aerospace system hardware.Learn more about this agency
- Supports system health management design and analysis functions including mission/fault management, fault isolation, recovery, research, and agency-wide integration as needed, to provide integrated solutions for space vehicles.
- Develops test procedures/cases, test success criteria, and executes simulation testing of integrated flight algorithm code to verify functionality of aerospace flight systems.
- Develops/reviews executable code to simulate flight software behavior and test hardware/software interactions that manage minor mission and off-nominal scenarios/associated contingencies. Ensures logic/code meets operational objectives of system.
- Designs integrated rocket functionalities (e.g., stages, propulsion, control and guidance, data management and software, structures, payloads, etc.) that convey vehicle information to flight crews.
- Develops/integrates hardware subsystem models to represent subsystem functionality. Designs interfaces that evolve model complexity.
- Assists in structured analysis of operational functions used in aerospace system design/implementation of autonomous operation including test, verification and analysis of the functions and development of integrated mission timelines.
- Assists in assessing design/operational requirements definition, hardware and/or software development, sensors/sensing techniques, testing, verification, safety, integration, certification and operations.
- Supports systems/subsystems research, development, design, test, evaluation, and reliability (e.g., stages, propulsion, control and guidance, data management and software, structures, payloads, etc.) and/or other systems (e.g., ground support and tel
- Duties assigned will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538091300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.