THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a GS-0560-09 BUDGET ANALYST (TITLE 5), Position Description Number T5154000 in SPMD 1520 and is part of the MO United States Property and Fiscal Office.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is a Title 5 Temporary Promotion vacancy NTE One Year in the Excepted Service. This is a bargaining unit position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
- Performs moderately difficult and complex assignments consisting of well-precedented tasks to further orient the employee in the application of occupational principles, methods, and techniques.
- Develop analytical skills and techniques used to resolve issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature.
- Plans and carries out successive steps and handles problems and deviations in work assignments in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices.
- Uses judgment in interpreting and adapting guidelines, such as agency policies, regulations, precedents, and work directions for application to specific cases or problems.
- Analyzes results and recommends changes.
- Executes budget.
- Continually analyzes and evaluates changes and gaps in program plans and funding.
- Reviews expenditure of assigned appropriations, re-imbursement allocations and transfer of funds.
- Reviews funding documents for assigned appropriations.
- Allocates appropriated funds to individual activities/functional areas based on an analysis of activity budget estimates, historical expenditures, quarterly projections, and approved funding.
- Reviews, edits, and consolidates annual and multi-year budget estimates for assigned organizations and programs into a consolidated budget request.
- Prepares or edits narrative justification and projected funding needs, and assures data in request is formally and accurately documented in a wide variety of forms, schedules, and reports.
- Performs program analysis of actual expenditures compared to planned utilization of annual budget and/or allotment authority, evaluates fund availability to achieve balance of approved objectives.
- Identifies trends and patterns, recommends ways to improve utilization of funds, and suggests alternative funding approaches.
- Evaluates the effect of cost and programmatic changes on the budget execution process. Adjusts fund allocations as required.
- Verifies, enters and adjusts budgetary data in a variety of forms, schedules, and reports.
- Provides analytical guidance for year-end close out to ensure proper, legal, and full utilization of funds.
- Provides financial advice, interpretation, and guidance on a variety of budget related matters, to include types of funding available, budgetary changes, and year-end closeout procedures.
- Prepares budget related reports, written correspondence and other documentation.
- Drafts or prepares a variety of documents to include newsletter items, responses to routine inquiries, reports, letters, and other related documents.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538086100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.