THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a GS-0503-08 FINANCIAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN (TITLE 5), Position Description Number T51320000 in SPMD 152E and is part of the MO United States Property and Fiscal Office.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is a Title 5 Temporary Promotion vacancy NTE One Year in the Excepted Service. This is a bargaining unit position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
- Performs broad-in-depth financial analysis of inter-related accounting, logistics and computer file systems concerning pay, accounts payable, and various travel entitlements.
- Analyzes diverse financial management technical methods, techniques, precedent cases, and procedures to resolve an extensive range of difficult financial technical issues or problems.
- Performs in-depth analysis, complicated pay, travel, and accounts payable issues involving substantial corrective action and/or complicated adjustments and resolves issues, including assessing unusual circumstances or conditions.
- Analyzes facts of financial transaction problems/issues, verifies and evaluates data; obtains additional information to reconcile discrepancies or inconsistencies; and applies pertinent laws, regulations, precedent decisions, and procedures.
- Analyzes and resolves tax processing problems based on soldier inquiries or internal control audits/reviews, ranging from Permanent Change of Station (PCS) issues and combat tax exclusion pay to refunds of erroneous tax collections.
- Researches, interprets, analyzes, and applies regulations, policies, procedures and legal decisions to work and/or resolve complex financial issues/problems.
- Identifies, analyzes and provides solutions regarding multiple entitlements, payments to personnel in various duty statuses and assorted payments to commercial vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538077100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.